10 Homeschooled Children of Joe and Nicole Naugler Once Again Under Parental Custody
By R.L. Stollar, HA Community Coordinator
After 2 months, the 10 homeschooled children of Joe and Nicole Naugler have been placed back in their parents’ custody.
The children were placed in state care at the beginning of May after allegations of unsafe living conditions and truancy surfaced. The children remained under government protection after both a May 11 hearing and a June 3 hearing did not find it was safe for the children to return. The May 11 hearing came with a dramatic turn of events when 19-year-old Alex Brow, Joe Naugler’s oldest son who lives out of state, showed up at the courtroom and alleged he was physically and sexually abused by his father.
Joe and Nicole Naugler and several of their friends created two fundraisers that raised almost $70,000 to improve living conditions as well as boost Nicole’s dog grooming business.
A local Kentucky news source, WDRB, broke the news today concerning the return of the children:
The couple’s lawyer confirms, the Nauglers now have “physical custody of their children”
However, both parents are still facing criminal charges.
Joseph Naugler faces charges for allegedly threatening a neighbor. Nicole Naugler is charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, following a confrontation with police when the children were removed from their home.
For more information about the Naugler case, see the following:
- A Brief Word of Caution Concerning Joe and Nicole Naugler, the “Off-Grid” Homeschooling Family
- Here Are 7 Surprising Things You Need to Know About Joe and Nicole Naugler
- A Former Off-Grid, Homeschooled Child’s Thoughts on the Naugler Family
- Joe Naugler’s Oldest Son Alleges Physical, Sexual Abuse; Children Not Returned
- “Worse Than Any House I Saw On My Little Island”: A Homeschooled MK’s Thoughts on the Naugler Family
- Technically, Nicole Naugler is Not a Homeschool Mom
- Children of Joe and Nicole Naugler to Remain in State Care