Children of Joe and Nicole Naugler to Remain in State Care
By R.L. Stollar, HA Community Coordinator
The 10 children of Joe and Nicole Naugler, who were placed in state care after allegations of unsafe living conditions and truancy, will continue to remain in state care. According to the Naugler parents’ Facebook page, Blessed Little Homestead, Joe and Nicole had a hearing today in district court. The result of that hearing was that the children will remain under government protection for at least another week.
Text and images from the Nauglers’ updates are as follows:
I haven’t been on much, I apologize for not responding to questions and messages.
We have a hearing today in district court. I will update as soon as I can.
Thank you for your support. The kind words have been encouraging. And thank you to those who do not support us, but have remained civil in their discussions.
The reunification of our family has been delayed another week. We are devastated that the children are not returning home today. We want the world to know our children, Jacob, Quinten, Abigail, Isaac, Zachary, Olivia, Urijah, Ezra, Lucas, and Mosiah.
Their voices have been kept silent. They are young adults, and tender children, and they have been treated like property. We want their wishes known and respected. We will continue to fight for our family’s rights. We will continue to work very closely with all agencies involved and have complied with every request.
This is not the first time the children have not been returned to the parents after a court hearing. The children were kept in government protection after a May custody hearing as well.
For more information about the Naugler case, see the following:
- A Brief Word of Caution Concerning Joe and Nicole Naugler, the “Off-Grid” Homeschooling Family
- Here Are 7 Surprising Things You Need to Know About Joe and Nicole Naugler
- A Former Off-Grid, Homeschooled Child’s Thoughts on the Naugler Family
- Joe Naugler’s Oldest Son Alleges Physical, Sexual Abuse; Children Not Returned
- “Worse Than Any House I Saw On My Little Island”: A Homeschooled MK’s Thoughts on the Naugler Family
- Technically, Nicole Naugler is Not a Homeschool Mom